Friday, May 6, 2011

Week One. Cleaning house and job hunting.

It's been a week since the lay off.  Monday I networked, had tea with a friend and opened a blog. Tuesday I began to plot and plan a kid's detective story, met some girls for lunch and ran some errands.  Wednesday I did some gardening.  Thursday I helped out at the Middle school and attended a Cinco de Mayo party- heavy duty networking re: job search.  Some good leads, actually.

Today I pulled out plants that died in last night's frost and put in carrot and lettuce seeds.  Hope springs eternal.

Then I played the game; "I wonder what's in this pile that I haven't looked at since we moved in?"  Filled 4 trash bags, two of them go to the trash, the others might go to consignment or Good Will.  On the up side, I was too busy to eat junk food today. A good day, diet wise.

Read most of a fantastic book on NetGalley about health that's coming out soon.  I'll post a review when I finish the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment