Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Unemployed!

After working part time for eight years, I finally went out and got myself a full time job.  Too bad it didn't last a year. So, tomorrow I will trudge to Unemployment and put my name in.

I started job hunting already but it's not looking very encouraging!
 Best offer so far was 10 shifts a month; all weekend, all 2nd and 3rd shift.  The HR person was a little testy with me when I said I would think about it.  But I had another week of full time work ahead and she was really pushing me to start immediately.

Who wants to work for someone who doesn't listen or doesn't care?

Like I said, that was the best paying offer.  There is a 4 week long opening in July, 4 hour days, that I could take.  It's an hour away.  I guess that's groceries for a month, but what about the car I just bought?

Do I sound whiny?
Here's the thing.
I drove a 17 year old Saturn into the ground and then did a stupid and wonderful thing.  I bought a 4 year old Subaru.  Pale Gold.  I love everything about it but the payments.

So I can't afford to work part time anymore.  (part time work is fantastic, if you can afford it.  I highly recommend working less.

So, I write, look for work, make time to call my friends.  And wait for things to click together.

No comments:

Post a Comment